TWC 3.7.11 - How to configure STT / TTS

Hello,

I am currently testing TWC 3.7.11.
I am not able to bring up the speech services configured previously on the page I am testing (worked with previous versions, e.g. 3.7.7).

I saw you’ve updated the documentation where now lots of conf parameters can be found related to uploading files but nothing for speech services (for example I don;t see in the documentation anymore about showAsrButton, showTtsButton, msCognitiveSubscriptionKey, etc.)

Help me how to configure speech services for this latest version.

Hi Georgi!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will make sure to let the team know so the documentation is completed. We’ll get back to you with more information.

best,
Britta

Hi Britta,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I would like to clarify that the issue extends beyond merely updating the documentation. It appears there has been a fundamental change in the speech approach within TWC version 3.7.11.
Previously, it was possible to integrate external speech services, such as Microsoft Azure Speech Service. However, this capability seems to have been removed. Instead, the Web Speech API has been introduced. Its performance is entirely dependent on the user’s browser or device settings, particularly concerning the selection of specific languages.

A significant limitation arises when a language is not included in the SpeechSynthesisUtterance object within the browser. In such cases, there is no possibility to add the missing language through JavaScript code from the TWC.

Below is a screenshot demonstrating how my Chrome browser is unable to utilize Bulgarian for the Web Speech API.

Hi Georgi,

thanks for the clarification, I can see that this has an impact on your possibilities for using the STT/TTS feature. Could I ask you to open a ticket in ServiceDesk explaining your situation so it can be taken into account for future development?

Thanks!
Britta

Hi Britta,

Would you point which Service Desk category is the most appropriate one for this case?

Thanks,
Georgi

Hi Georgi,

Please use the Feature Request category to suggest an improvement of the feature.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Britta

Hi Britta,

Allow me to disagree with the proposal to use Feature Request category.
This was a feature that was available before, it has been connected with MS services, had some issues with an echoing TTS voice, and we had discussions with AS team this will be fixed in next versions.

Kind regards,
Georgi

Hello Georgi,

Apologies for the delay in response. I understand that this has been discussed with us previously, but please do still use this category, and the sub-category Suggest Improvement to provide us your feedback on the new way in which the STT/TTS functionality has been implemented.

Kind regards,
Britta

Hello Britta,

Thanks for your kind attention.
A ticket has been submitted.

Best regards,
Joro

1 Like